Eric Bylenga

My Collection   Hardware Projects   Software Projects   Arduino   MGB   Misc   Fancy Version (Modern Browsers)

Introduction  Printable Parts  SU HIF-4 Carb Repair  Rust...  Parts Pickup!  Lucy!  Learning Metalwork  Cylinder Head Saga  Engine Removal  Rear Axle Restoration  Prep And Paint  January 2022 Update  March 2022 Update  June 2022 Update  Seats  October 2022 Update  Major Engine Work 

Home > Mgbseats

Seats

As you can see my MGB seats are in very poor condition. Below is the driver's side seat. Just a mess really. The vinyl is ripped, the cushions are degrading and the webbing is obviously collapsed. Time to fix it.

seat 1 seat 2

The seat covers are held on quite simply with some c-clips. Removing these and the covers and cushions come right off. Unfortunately I was so eager to get this done that I didn't take quite as many pictures as I'd like.

seat 9

The seat frames are in pretty good condition. Kinda rusty, but actually not as bad as Lucy's seats... Those were really bad. I sanded them down and gave them a repaint. I also took some time to repair the webbing using most of the original materials.

seat 3 seat 4

There you go... Seat frame all painted up nice!

seat 5

I ordered the new seat covers from Watford Classics. Way cheaper than anywhere else I could find and they're of decent quality. Not quite the same as the original pattern but I saved some good money. Only problem is that the headrest holes are not present in the new seat covers. I had to cut them out as best I could. I did a decent job of it I think.

seat 6 seat 7 seat 8

There's the finished product... They fit in nicely. It's a huge improvement!

seat 10 seat 11



seat 12

Last Updated: October 23, 2022