Eric Bylenga
Home > Mgb > Fendermount

Fender Mount Repair

Yep, well the fender mount was pretty banged up. There was no way the rubber bumpers were going to mount to this mess... It was the same kind of mess on the other side as well.
Step 1
Here we go... I hacked out a bunch of the rusted out material from the drivers side. You can get a view of the inside stuff here.
Step 2
Yea... Some rusty bits.
Step 3
Step 4
I had some thicker grade steel that I used to fashion some new mounts. It worked pretty good.
Step 5
I made a full replacement piece for the drivers side, but I made little replacement pieces for some of the garbage on the passenger side. As an aside. I used pieces of cardboard from a cereal box to trace out my templates. It works pretty good that way.
Step 6
Step 7
Step 8
And there we have it... All done. I did a test fit and it works pretty good.
Step 9

Last Updated: March 16, 2021